Wednesday, March 25

another old 20-minute story

Going through my old stuff. Thought this 20-minute story had some sort of economy theme, which is in the air right now. So here we go:


Market

"You handle what?"
"Intestines."
"Intestines?"
"Yeah. I buy, and sell, you know. It's a crazy market."
"Market for intestines?"
"Uh, yeah."
"What the hell do you mean the market for intestines is crazy?! You're crazy! Get the hell out of my store!"
"Look -- wow. I don't know what to say."
"Excuse me?"
"I've never got this reaction. You seem a little... freaked out... by my line of work."
"I guess I just never had anyone come in here looking to score some free intestines."
"Well, do you have any?"
"No, why would I ha-- well, I have intestines, but not -- no. No, no, no. I don't have any for you."
"Aw, come on..."
"Do you just go into any old place and ask if they have any spare intestines in the back room, huh? You think this is like getting old boxes when you're moving? What reaction do you usually get?
"Well... This seemed like a reasonable place to start."
"Start?!"
"Gotta start somewhere."
"I need you to leave the store, now."
"Can I perhaps offer to sell you some intestines?"
"Get those off the counter!!"
"Now, as you can see, sir, I can divide the intestines however you like..."
"Oh my -- (gags) -- what the -- (heaves) --"
"... sheep, cow, moose. These here are some of my higher end items, I now you are a client of tastes, sir: polar bear right here, and walrus..."
"(vomits, severely)"
"Oh. Oh... Sir... I'm going to have to insist that you pay for the products you... soiled."
"..."
"I take it from the look in your eyes that I'll just have to... get back to you about the bill. I'll... mail you. And remember: when you think of intestines, think of--"
"I'll. Kill. You."
"Forget my business card, then. Good day."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was very interesting. I liked it.